Wednesday 18 March 2009

Friday the 13th

I have been asked to create a studio pitch for my own 'Friday 13th' hybrid movie if i was the film director. Below i have researched and have come to a conclusion on what elements of the film i would keep the same and what elements i would change.

I have decided to keep the same setting as the lakeside is present in all the previous Friday the 13th movies and would be a shame to change the setting and loose the whole meaning to the film. As the lakeside is a significent point in the movie it has been kept in my own version of Friday 13th.

Within todays society women's roles have changed dramatically and laws have become more leniant allowing females to take on a more independent role. I have decided to change the representation of the main character to represent the zeitgiest. I have choosen to show the young lady as the final survivor, reinforcing the idea that women are more strong and independent and no longer need to rely upon a man. I have also decided to scrap the male gaze as women have always been exploited and no longer need this stereotype upon them.

I have also decided to add a new character to this sequel as it will help keep the story going and make it more exciting. I have come to the decision to add another family as Jasons pregnant teenage neice as teenage pregnancy is an important issue within society today. I have choosen to show her struggles of being a teenage mum and have a huge twist in the plot. I am going to have Jason to take the life of the child.

The sound effects and editing will remain the same, as the sound of shrieking and heavy breathing is stereotypically associated with horror movies. The begging will consist off a montage of shots of the previous films to jog the audiences memories to help them to remember what happened in the previous films. I will begin with a cliffhanger to help keep the viewers 'glued', the effect of this will keep the audience wanting to see more to find out what happens next.

No comments: