Saturday 18 October 2008

10 point action plan

  1. I will need to Conduct more research on my choosen text and related text as i haven't done much of this yet. I will need to research area's of MIGRAIN of my related texts as i have only done this for two of my texts. I will need more information on the institutions of my related texts as the research i have found now is not a lot. I am going to try and have this completely up to date by 4th November.
  2. My second target will be to find out about more theorists that i can use that relate to my independent study. I will try to find theorists that have researched a number of different issues such as the representation of women in programmes rather than films, whether the representations have changed etc. I can research a number of different sociologists, particularly feminists as these individuals have a huge concern about women and their rights. I can also research Anne Oakley to see if her findings relate to my study. I will try and get this done by 30th October.
  3. I will be aiming to make all the posts that haven't come up on my blog appear as this problem has occured for a long period of time. I will come up with a solution for this target by 26th October.
  4. I will need to use other mediums to help me throughout my independent study. I have only used the interent and past blogs to help me on my way. As I was told that i needed different sources and not only the internet i have decided to look at other sources of information, such as books on representation of women in the media. I will try to broaden my sources of information and have this all completed by 3rd November.
  5. My fifth target is use wider concept, i will need to broaden my understanding on SHEP/ i will make reference to social, historical, economical and political issues. I haven't touched upon this assessment objective yet, so i need to make progress and make my onto starting it. I can do this by looking through books from the library or different internet links and websites such as media guardian. I will have this completed by 3rd November.
  6. I need to create a bibliography of all the different sources used. I need to make reference of all the internet sites i used, the books i used and any other source i used for information. This needs to be updated and completed by 4th November.
  7. I need to broaden my use of media terminology. I am going to use the A-Z booklet of words that i was given by my media teacher. With this booklet i am going to scan through all my blogs posted and see whether any words can be replaced with media terms from the booklet. I will have this done by 4th November.
  8. I need to start putting all the information together and create a plan on how my answer could be answered. I need to either bullet point or create a table on both sides of the arguement, so i can make it more easier for me when i have to start writing my essay. This will be done by 28th October.
  9. I need to read more reviews and post my findings onto a blog. This will allow me to see other people's view on whether they agree or disagree with my proposed question. I will also be able to find extra infromation that i can use in my independent study. This will be completed and posted on my blog by 27th October.
  10. Finally, I need to re-write/edit my question to see if it makes sense and if it is easily answerable. Right now my question seems to difficult to answer as it is quite broad and is asking a number of different questions, rather than asking one specific question. This target will be completed by 26th October.

No comments: