Tuesday 7 October 2008

Self Assessment Of Blog Work

A01:

  • demonstrate knowledge and application of the Key Concepts employed within Media Studies and the evaluation of texts and ideas using the Key Concepts

I am quite confident with this assessment objective as i have studied it throughly during yr12. This objective requires you to use MIGRAIN and in detail analyse trailers and clips from texts that relate to my independent study. I feel that during my analysis i have analysed in detail representation, media language and audience. I have made relevant links back to my hypothesis for each MIGRAIN heading. By conducting an in depth analysis it has allowed me to plan ahead and begin thinking about my final draft. However i feel that i need to continue using my skills and do an in depth analyse of the remaining sections such as ideology, as i struggle to be able to analyse this section in detail, so this is my main priory. I also need to research a wider range of theories that i can use in my independent study.

A02:

  • demonstrate knowledge and application of the wider contexts (historical, social, political, economic) relevant to Media Studies

This assessment assess your skills on applying social, historical, economical and political issues. I yet havn't covered this objective so my main target is to start this objective and to anaylse and research in immense detail. I have studied the media to look for changes and important issues that have arised. I have also checked media Guardian on a regular to check for updated stories that i can use for wider context.

A05:

  • demonstrate the ability to use appropriate investigative and research techniques in carrying out an independent study of a media text, topic or issue

I havn't done a large quantity of research yet, so i need to continue with this objective. Looking at what i have done so far i feel that the research is relevant and in detail.

Synoptic ability:

  • draw together understanding of Key Concepts, from different parts of the specification in order to make effective textual readings

  • draw upon knowledge and application of a wide range of possible relevant contexts, in order to account for the characteristics of media texts

No comments: